WHY SHOULD YOUR COMPANY BE ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
Social Media is a crucial channel of communication that has heavily inspired this generation. Approximately over 40% of the world’s population is using one or more social media platforms daily. To even think that about a decade ago social media only existed for interactions between friends and family and nothing more. Fast forward to the year 2020 where 97% of professional marketers are using social media as a primary marketing channel.
WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING?
Social media marketing is the process of gaining traffic to your website or creating brand awareness by using social media platforms. Now more than ever, brands are creating content and advertising their products or services on these platforms. On top of that, social media gives brands an opportunity to connect with their consumers and market directly to them.
The craziest part of it all?
Most of these social media platforms are FREE to use and create content on.
WHAT ARE SOME SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS THAT BRANDS CAN USE?
- Facebook – With over 2.7 billion active users, Facebook is one of the biggest social media channels of 2020 allowing users and brands to connect and share content by making brand pages.
- Instagram – Over 1 Billion users are active on Instagram today making it one of the prime channels to post images, graphics, videos and other content to share with your followers.
- LinkedIn – Since founded in 2002, LinkedIn has over 660 Million users worldwide allowing users to connect with different brands/companies in a professional environment.
- Twitter – Another powerful platform that allows it’s users to “tweet” or connect with followers in 280 characters or less which can include pictures, videos or graphics (and now newly released voice recordings).
- TikTok – The app that EVERYONE is talking about this year! With close to 700 Million active users, TikTok has become the fastest growing social media platform ever. Creators can share their art, products, services and much more by making up to 60 second videos.
4 Ways Small Businesses Can Use Social Media to their Advantage
TO CREATE BRAND AWARENESS
The best thing you can do for your company or small business is to create brand awareness. This is the process of creating distinctive content that consumers can easily recognize and connect back to your brand. Some key concepts to include in your brand awareness is your logo, tagline, slogan, brand colors and fonts. For example, Apple Inc. is easily recognizable by any consumer by just looking at the little white bitten apple logo or the font of the advertisement.
That’s called brand awareness!
TO KEEP ADVERTISING COSTS LOW
Consumers rely heavily on the word or review of previous consumers before making a purchase. Social media can give business owners the opportunity to get that word out without the heaving costs of physical advertisement. Companies can get their customers to leave reviews on their platforms which can help direct new consumers to your brand. In addition, social media advertising is a lot more affordable than traditional advertising mediums such as Televions and radio ads.
Another aspect of marketing on social media is analytics. This allows companies to view their monthly followers or viewers interactions in more detail. These stats can measure demographics such as age, gender, and location which can help brands determine who their audience is and how to leverage that audience by creating content that is specifically designed for them.
DRIVING TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE or E-COMMERCE SITE
Today, 8 out of 10 online consumers will direct themselves to the company’s social media platform before making a purchase. This allows them to get a glimpse inside your company’s values or story and truly connect with your brand. All social media platforms allows page owners to add direct links to their websites for user to click on and make purchases via e-commerce. This is an excellent resource for businesses who are having a hard time driving traffic to their website.
Are you going to invest in your company’s social media strategy?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to social media marketing! There is a niche and audience for every type of brand or business.
Your consumers are active on social media right now as your reading this and it’s not too late to get started today.
Our team at Digihype Media Inc. understands that all of this can be overwhelming especially if you have no experience with social media. This is why our team of certified and trained professionals can help you grow your brand on Social Media from the ground up.