If your business doesn’t have an online presence, it may as well not exist! Digital platforms have become a prominent part of our everyday lives; 97% of search engine users search for local businesses, so it’s vital to ensure your business can be found online.
The world of business is always evolving, and it can be tough to keep up with everything as a business owner. With multiple digital platforms to utilize and different rules for each one, it’s important to create a marketing strategy that aligns with your business goals. Doing all of this can be time-consuming – and when time equals money, you want to save both!
Not sure if you’re ready to get help? If you are a business owner who:
- Has ideas but no time to execute them
- Is unsure what direction to take and needs advice
- Can’t afford a marketing team, or has an in-house marketing team that lacks a specific skill or needs assistance to handle a project
- Wants to generate consistent leads by connecting with existing and potential customers
Then it’s time for you to outsource your marketing!
What Is Outsourcing?
Outsourcing is the opposite of in-house! Instead of having a full-time employee or team for your business’s digital marketing, you hire an agency or person on a contract basis to handle specific tasks or projects such as:
- Social media advertising and marketing
- Website design and management
- Search engine optimization and Google Adwords
- Branding and graphic design
- Content marketing
- Video production
Having someone understand all of the analytics behind these parts of your business is one of the many benefits of hiring a digital marketing agency!
Benefits of Outsourcing For Your Canadian Business
Outsourcing is best for businesses with minimal marketing experience or whose marketing team requires a specific skill. Hiring a digital marketing agency for your online presence has so many great benefits for small and medium-sized businesses!
- Lower labour costs – contracting an agency is cheaper than paying a full-time employee or an entire team that requires training
- Free up management time – instead of spending time guiding an employee, management can trust that an agency is handling everything with minimal direction.
- Access to a team of specialists – members of an agency are always learning the newest trends and algorithms to improve marketing strategies and can provide a fresh perspective
- Grows with your business – it can be tough for one employee to keep up with everything as a business grows and requires more work, whereas an agency can handle levelling up
An agency gives your business access to a team of specialists who can answer your questions and give you a fresh perspective. The best part of working with a digital marketing agency is that they can keep up with the work as your business grows!
Risks of Outsourcing to the Wrong Agency
Deciding to outsource is one thing – finding the right agency to outsource to is another! It’s not a decision to be taken lightly, since hiring the wrong people to align your company has the potential to damage your business’s reputation; just ask Freshii!
The Canadian healthy fast-food chain introduced “Percy”, a virtual cashier who greets customers and takes their orders. The catch: “Percy’ isn’t just a robot – there is a real person from Central America on the screen taking your order and they’re paid $3.75 an hour, $11.75 less than Ontario minimum wage.
With the growth of the gig economy, some digital marketing agencies have found a way to undercut their competition by outsourcing the work to people overseas. Unless exploiting people in countries with lesser working standards is on-brand with your company values, hiring a marketing agency whose team is located in Canada is the best option!
Look for a marketing agency that:
- Understands and cares about your business
- Hires competent marketers that are skilled in your needs
- Communicates with your business and customers professionally
- Matches the values that your company holds
We recommend doing your research and considering the quality as much as the cost – you get what you pay for and if you buy cheap, you buy twice! When it comes to your business, it’s important to think long-term about your reputation and brand awareness.
DigiHype Media has worked hard to create an incredible team to deliver marketing solutions and excellent customer service for Canadian companies, and we are a winner of the 2022 Consumer Choice Award for Business Excellence!
We can’t wait to talk to you about how working together will level up your business by creating and executing a digital marketing strategy for your online portfolio!
- WebFX. (2022, June 16). Local SEO Stats: 39 Stats to Prove You Need a Local Strategy. https://www.webfx.com/local-seo/statistics/#:%7E:text=10.,to%20find%20your%20local%20business.
- Hardgrove, M. (2021, March 29). Outsourcing Pros And Cons For Your Digital Marketing. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2021/03/29/outsourcing-pros-and-cons-for-your-digital-marketing/
- Conlin, B. (2022, June 3). The Pros and Cons of Outsourcing Marketing and PR. Business News Daily. https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/15270-outsourcing-marketing-and-pr.html
- Campbell, M. (2022, April 30). Freshii introduces ‘Percy’ virtual cashier, outsourcing jobs to Central America. Global News. https://globalnews.ca/news/8791036/freshii-percy-virtual-cashier-job-outsourcing/
- Rodriguez, J. (2022, April 28). Freshii under fire for paying workers $3.75/hr in Nicaragua. CTVNews. https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/freshii-under-fire-for-paying-workers-3-75-hr-in-nicaragua-1.5879015#:%7E:text=Freshii%20pays%20%243.75%2Fhr%20for%20virtual%20cashier%20job%20%7C%20CTV%20News